November 15th, 2019
Today I got the new Macbook Pro!
Basically, I had been waiting for this for 6 years. The last computer I had was a Macbook Pro 15" from late 2013.
That computer was literally falling apart:
- The webcam stopped working
- The fan made this strange grinding noise
- The battery lasted 30 minutes
- The fan would go off like a jet engine all day
- I couldn't even screen share on customer sales calls
- Could barely edit videos
- It was kernel panicking often
I would have upgraded, but the new Macbook Pros were notoriously horrible, and in my opinion, the butterfly keyboard was a non-starter.
I feel like I battled over the last couple of years to keep that old thing going, waiting until there was any good next option.
I lost a lot of faith in Apple, a company I used to obsess over. But I think they really came through with this thing.
I haven't been this excited about a new product of theirs in a really, really long time. Worth every penny.